Enhancing D.C. Smiles for over 25 Years
At Embassy Row Orthodontics, you’re more than merely a set of procedures and services to us. We take the time to get to know you, your concerns, and your goals to ultimately develop personalized recommendations for any orthodontic situation—weighing all the advantages and disadvantages for patients along the way. The result is extremely well-informed patients who understand their options, the benefits of treatment, and the value of Embassy Row’s experience and expertise.
The path to a healthy, straight, beautiful smile begins with our complimentary initial consultation. We start by getting to know you better to understand your specific goals, expectations, and concerns.
During the consultation:
- We review your dental and medical history.
- Dr. Hickory conducts an orthodontic examination and provides a preliminary diagnosis and treatment options.
- We may take X-rays to determine whether treatment is necessary.
- We also snap some photos to help chart your progress and communicate with your dentist.
- We then work with you to create a customized treatment plan.
- And finally, we discuss all financial information, insurance options, and payment plans.
What Happens Next?
After your initial consultation, we schedule your first appointment, and Dr. Hickory will place your new orthodontic appliance. The appointment typically takes about an hour, and in that time, Dr. Hickory and the team will make sure you’re as comfortable as possible. From there, it’s important to return every four to eight weeks (as determined by your treatment plan) to check the appliance, perform adjustments, and address any questions or concerns you might have. Continue to visit your dentist every six months for cleaning and routine dental checkups. If additional dental care is needed beyond cleaning, we’re happy to coordinate with your family dentist to ensure you’re receiving the best care possible.