At Embassy Row Orthodontics your healthy smile is our top priority. During your first visit in our Washington D.C. office, we want to get to know you, your concerns and your orthodontic goals. We’ll then create specialized recommendations for your treatment, ensuring you are well informed about every aspect of the process.
What happens during an initial consultation?
The path to a beautiful smile begins with our complimentary consultation. We start by getting to know you better – asking about your specific goals, expectations and concerns. This important visit allows our team and Dr. Hickory to determine the best options for your orthodontic care.
Below is an overview of what will happen during your first visit.
- Dental History: we’ll review your dental and medical history.
- Examination: Dr. Hickory will complete an orthodontic exam and provide a preliminary diagnosis and treatment options.
- Photos & X-rays: we’ll take some photos to help chart your progress and communicate with your dentist. We may also take X-rays to determine whether treatment is necessary.
- Planning: we’ll work with you to create a personalized treatment plan.
- Costs: we will discuss all financial information, insurance options and treatment plans.
During this visit it’s our goal to address commonly asked questions about orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions and get to know us and our team of professionals as well.
Time to start
After your initial consultation, we can either start treatment the same day or schedule you for your first appointment with Dr. Hickory. During this hour-long appointment, he will place your new orthodontic appliance and the team will make sure you’re as comfortable as possible.
From there, it’s important to return every four to eight weeks (or as outlined in your treatment plan) so we can check your appliance, perform adjustments and address any questions you may have.
You’ll want to ensure you’re keeping up with regular dental cleanings and check-ups every six months during your treatment. If additional dental care is needed, we’re happy to help coordinate with your dentist.
Ready to get started?
If you’re ready to start exploring treatment options, schedule your free initial consultation with our team at Embassy Row Orthodontics today.