Invisalign is a revolutionary orthodontic method which straightens teeth without the use of braces. Instead, the system uses a series of clear aligners, which are virtually invisible, to guide your teeth into better alignment. Furthermore, the aligners are removable, so you can easily eat, brush and floss your teeth as you normally would.
How does Invisalign work?
First, we take pictures and a digital scan of your teeth to create a 3D rendering. These images allow us to strategically plan the exact movement for each tooth and allow you to see a virtual representation of how your straightened teeth will look when treatment is complete.
As the aligners are in place, they gradually shift your teeth from their current position into the desired path. As you move through your sets of aligners every two weeks, your teeth will get closer and closer to their ideal position. Though every case is unique, the average length of treatment for an adult is typically a year. To maximize the effectiveness of your treatment, we suggest you wear your aligners at least 20 to 22 hours a day.
We also offer options to accelerate your orthodontic treatment here at Embassy Row Orthodontics.
watch it in action
No one has to know you are wearing braces. Straighten your teeth the invisible way.
Invisalign is a great treatment option
Invisalign has significant benefits for our patients. Some of the reasons our patients love Invisalign include:
- Discreet option – the aligners are virtually invisible, so no one will be able to tell you’re wearing them.
- Convenience - unlike other treatment options, there are no restrictions to what you can or cannot eat. The aligners are also removable, so you have the option of taking them out during special occasions such as weddings, dates and presentations.
- Comfort - The plastic aligners are made of smooth comfortable plastic instead of sharp metal that can irritate your cheeks and gums.
- Fewer visits - compared to other orthodontic treatment options, you do not have to come in for office visits as often. We typically have patients come in only once every 12 weeks.
- Versatile - Invisalign can be used to treat patients at any age, even children as young as seven years old.
The results between two orthodontists may be similar, but the efficiency and patient experience will be very different. As a leading Invisalign provider in the top 1% of his field, Dr. Hickory can provide results that far exceed what a patient might receive elsewhere. He was one of the first orthodontists to use Invisalign and has treated over 6,000 cases with this innovative teeth-straightening method.
Next steps to a great smile
Ready to learn more? Book your free Invisalign consultation with us today to determine if you’re a candidate.