Invisalign uses a series of thin, clear, plastic aligners to gradually, and gently straighten your teeth. Because they are nearly invisible, most people will not know that you are undergoing orthodontic treatment. The aligners are removable, so you can easily remove aligners to eat, brush, and floss your teeth as you normally would.
How does it work?
First, we take pictures and a digital scan of your teeth to create a 3-D rendering. These images allow us to strategically plan the exact movement for each tooth and also enable you to see a virtual representation of how your straightened teeth will look when treatment is complete. When the aligners are worn, they cause your teeth to gradually shift from their current position. As you switch to the next set every two weeks, your teeth will move closer and closer to their ideal positions. Though every patient’s case is unique, the length of treatment for an adult is typically a year. To maximize the effectiveness of your treatment, we encourage you to wear your aligners 20 to 22 hours a day.
What makes Invisalign a great treatment option?
Here are some of the reasons why our patients love Invisalign:
- Unlike other treatment options, there are no restrictions to what you can or cannot eat.
- The aligners are removable so you have the option of taking them out during special occasions such as weddings, dates, and presentations.
- The plastic aligners are made of smooth and comfortable plastic instead of sharp metal that can irritate your cheeks and gums.
- Compared to other orthodontic treatment options, you do not have to come in for office visits as often. We typically have patients come in only once every 12 weeks.
- Invisalign can be used to treat patients at any age, even children as young as seven years old.
Can treatment be accelerated?
As a practice that prides itself on having cutting-edge orthodontic treatment options, we offer a few different techniques to accelerate tooth movement: AcceleDent and Propel.
- AcceleDent: By inserting a mouthpiece and turning on the Activator for 20 minutes a day, AcceleDent will generate small vibrations, called micropulses, to stimulate bone movement. This in turn may reduce your treatment time by up to 50percent.
- Propel: Frequently described as “dental acupuncture,” Propel stimulates the bone around specific teeth with micro-punctures to release stubborn tooth movements and fast-track treatment.
What ages are eligible for Invisalign?
In the past, Invisalign was primarily used to treat adult patients. Now that Invisalign performs as well or better than braces in most cases, we are delighted to offer Invisalign to children, teenagers and adults of all ages (7 to 70 years old).
Dr. Hickory’s expertise
The results between two orthodontists may be similar, but the efficiency and patient experience may be very different. As a top 1% Invisalign provider, Dr. Hickory is able to provide results that far exceed what a patient might receive elsewhere. He was one of the first orthodontists to use Invisalign. Having treated over 5000 cases with this innovative teeth-straightening method, he remains one of the largest Invisalign providers in the U.S. Widely recognized among his peers as an industry leader, Dr. Hickory teaches dozens of certification courses and advanced doctor study group meetings in the U.S. and internationally.
To learn more about how Invisalign can enhance your smile, please visit our Invisalign FAQs page or contact us.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]